After the spending the day at the Garden of the Gods, I noticed that the Open Group have updated their guide on using TOGAF® Framework to Define and Govern Service-Oriented Architectures for TOGAF® 9.1. I was part of the team that developed this guide and I know how much work it took to produce and more importantly negotiate its application.
This Guide adapts the well-recognized set of best practice processes for the development, management, governance, and adoption of Enterprise Architecture and applies it specifically to SOA. Specific information is provided and illustrated on the adaptation of the TOGAF framework in the following areas:
- Use of the Architecture Development Method (ADM) to develop SOAs
- Modification of the TOGAF Content Metamodel for SOAs
- Modification of the TOGAF Content Relationship Metamodel for SOAs
- Adoption of SOA-specific general and technical reference models and their use within a TOGAF environment
- Adoption of SOA-specific governance requirements for a TOGAF environment
- Adoption of SOA-specific maturity models for application within a TOGAF environment